£320.00 - £380.00 per day
2 months ago
Working for a Tier 1 main contractor with strong ties to the North West, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Engineer/Site Manager living away from home to work on a new build large industrial / manufacturing style scheme. You will have the ability to work as and when needed as weekend work will also be required.
The main function of this role will be to manage subcontractors following the design process and ensure quality and programme are maintained at all times reporting on the progress of the project to the management teams when required.
Wording closely with the client / design team etc. you will have a strong 'can do' problem solving attitude with the ability /experience to come up with solutions and work towards a resolution. You will be IT literate with a good and clear understanding of both Microsoft Word and Excel as a minimum and hold an up to date CSCS and SMSTS. In addition, you will also need a good understanding of the NEC3 contract.
Skills / Experience:
* Ideally have worked with Tier 1 main contractor
* Experience of working on large industrial / manufacturing / Cleanroom schemes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word as a minimum
* Good understanding of the NEC 3 contract and be able to read and understand drawings
* The ability to live away from home and work weekends as and when required
* Currently hold CSCS and SMSTS and ideally, already hold security clearance
To apply for this Freelance Mechanical Engineer/Site Manager role please apply via the link