HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED BY HARVEY LAWRENCE LTD
Last updated October 2019
Your information will be held by Harvey Lawrence Ltd in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We are committed to preserving the privacy of all users of our website and services; we will ensure all information provided to us will be processed fairly and lawfully.
WHO ARE WE
Harvey Lawrence Ltd is a leading recruitment business to the construction industry, dedicated to sourcing the most talented people in the sector. Specialising in finding the best permanent, temporary and executive talent across all disciplines within the Construction sector, taking the time and care to bring the best talent to your organisation. Harvey Lawrence Ltd must process personal data so that we can provide these services – in doing so we act as a data controller.
Offices based in:
Dunston Business Village, Stafford Road, Dunston, Penkridge, Stafford ST18 9AB
Tel: 01785 413 140
Manchester Business Park, 3000 Aviator Way, Manchester, M22 5TG
Tel: 0161 486 2000
WHERE WE OBTAIN YOUR DATA
Your personal information will be held securely in Harvey Lawrence Ltd systems and premises so that we either now or in the future, can manage your relationship with us. This will include information you provide when you subscribe to us and any additional information provided by you or others in various ways, including:
- direct subscriptions, job boards, social media channels, emails and letters, during telephone calls and conversations in person when registering for services; when using Harvey Lawrence Ltd company websites and during interviews.
- information Harvey Lawrence Ltd receive from you or through other organisations (credit reference agencies, social networks and job boards) in the course of providing products and services to you.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the maintenance of your relationship with us, or for legal or regulatory requirements.
We endeavor to ensure your data is kept up to date; we request that you inform us of any changes as soon as convenient.
WHY & HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Harvey Lawrence Ltd has collected your personal data and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal basis we rely upon to offer these services to you is we have legitimate interests as follows:
To provide work seeking services:
- To enable us to cross reference and match details provided with current vacancies and issue you alerts and updates as required;
- Enabling submission of your CV for a specific role or for general consideration.
- To provide industry information and/or employment opportunities in the form of newsletters or mailshots as required;
Any CV’s forwarded to prospective employers will be submitted in Harvey Lawrence Ltd format with the removal of any personal contact details.
To provide recruitment services:
- Either for a specific role or for general consideration;
- To issue us with updates following previous submissions;
- To improve customer service and make services that we provide more valuable to you;
- To gain references or employment details from you in order for us to tailor our services to your needs;
For administrative activities:
- Responding to your enquiries and complaints;
- Updating, consolidating, and improving the accuracy of our records;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and for market research and training;
- Managing your relationship with Harvey Lawrence Ltd;
By sharing this information it enables us to better understand your needs and manage your relationship in the efficient way that you expect and within the legitimate interests of all parties.
For communications & marketing:
- To send you texts / emails of potential employment opportunities;
- Contact you by phone / email / post to discuss requirements, update on circumstances to ensure we have your most up to date details and/or discuss opportunities/make arrangements for interviews etc.
- Where applicable arrange web based chats / interviews via an agreed method such as Skype or What’s App;
- From time to time we will send industry news and updates via blogs and newsletters;
- Let you know of any updates to our services and business offerings.
You can ‘OPT OUT’ of all or any of these communications at any time simply let us know via the below contact methods.
Your data may also be used, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The GDPR does not overwrite the legal obligations set by “The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003” or other legal obligations.
WHEN WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will treat your personal information as private and confidential, but may share it with each other and disclose it outside Harvey Lawrence Ltd if:
(a) allowed by this agreement;
(b) you consent;
(c) Software engineers or external consultants in order to develop our business systems or for research and mailing purposes;
(d) Umbrella companies or insurance companies;
(e) HM Revenue & Customs or other authorities require it;
(f) the law, regulatory bodies (including for research purposes) permits or requires it;
(h) needed by market research companies to assist us in providing better services for you;
We will always ensure your information remains safe and secure.
HOW WE MANAGE SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation defines certain information as ‘sensitive’ (racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, criminal proceedings and offences). If you subscribe to our services we may ask you for some ‘sensitive’ details. We will only use this information to provide the service you require and we will ask for your explicit consent.
For avoidance of doubt non sensitive personal data is defined as data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data such as name, address, email, passport number or any expression of opinion about an individual.
HOW WE USE CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES
Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) collect and maintain information about consumers’ and businesses’ credit behavior. This includes Electoral Register, fraud prevention, and credit information – including details of previous applications and the conduct of your accounts – and public information such as County Court Judgments, decrees, and bankruptcies.
The information that Harvey Lawrence Ltd provide to credit reference agencies about you, is used to help make decisions, for example when:
- checking details of job applicants and employees;
- check your credit history;
- verify your identity;
You have a right to apply to the credit reference agencies for a copy of your file.
HOW WE CHECK YOUR IDENTITY
We may ask you to provide physical forms of identity verification when you register for our services. Alternatively, we may search credit reference agency files in assessing your application.
You have the right to request deletion of your data from our systems and mailing list at any time.
To do so please contact us immediately:
Midlands: 01785 413 140
Manchester: 0161 486 2000
If you have a complaint or suggestion about Harvey Lawrence Ltd handling of personal data then please contact us as per above contact details or alternatively you can contact the ICO directly on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will reflect any updates within this notice.